Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Another Convert Throws Away the Rx Bottle

This is a great story of a young paleo nutrition believer who convinced his dad to give this wacky diet a try.   What I don't know is how long it took to finally convince his dad to actually do it.  But the dad dedicated himself to it and had great results.  That's what counts.  Here is just a little of the inspirational post:

Words can’t express how proud I am of him!
And just so you understand the extent of awesomeness this is, let me summarize. About 4 months of eating right…
  • cured the chronic fatigue syndrome he was suffering from for the past 20 years!
  • helped him give up diabetes medication which has been controlling his life for the last 6 years!
  • helped improve his lipid profile – Triglycerides dropped significantly, HDL increased and LDL dropped minimally (still in work in progress)
Now your turn – Are your parents diabetic or obese or have high blood pressure or have cardiovascular complications? Are they following the ridiculous grain dominant ‘diabetes diet’ provided by their doctors and dietitians? Are they popping pills everyday to just stay alive?
Don’t you think its time to put an end to the madness? Don’t you think its time you, as their son/daughter, step up and help extend their lives? If this is not a priority I don’t know what is. Do it before its too late!
Incredible!  If you've read this blog at all you will know I love a good success story.  This one is especially inspiring for me as I too have a dad who has health issues.  He has an incurable autoimmune disease that has ties to gluten intolerance.  He has more pharmaceutical drug bottles in his medicine cabinet than there are in some small town pharmacies.  I am sure some drugs he takes are only prescribed to offset the side effects of other drugs.  No one wants to be on that stuff but few are willing to do what it takes to get off them.  


Although I don't actually know if my prescribed diet change will actually help him, I am doing the best I can to gently push him toward making real changes to see what happens.  Is this way of eating hard to get used to?  Hell yeah it is.  When you have the possibility of extending your life and improving the quality of those years, isn't it worth a try???


CP

No comments: