Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I Have to Apologize

One of my veggie garden beds
My blogosphere presence has been lacking lately.  I promise I am not going away just slowing down for a bit.  I can tell you that in the last month something drastic has happened that has changed my life and will last for the next several months at least.  What has changed you ask.....It's gotten warm out.


Although I don't live in the Artic, I can tell you there are times in Northeast Ohio when it just isn't fun to be outside.  Right now it is very fun to be outdoors.  If you live in a climate like mine, don't complain when it's hot because it will be cold again before you know it.  So I am spending less time looking at a computer screen and more time outside.  My kids are pretty involved in sports right at the moment so that keeps my schedule booked.  I also like to get out and swim or fish in the beautiful lakes in my area.


The rest of my time has been spent trying to figure out a way of replacing the grass in my yard with edible plants.  Slowly but surely I am getting there.  I can't think of a greater waste of time and money than grass.  Oh well, off that soap box.  I am going back outside to enjoy this weather.


So yes, I will be the guy outside barefoot gardening and testing the theory of sun exposure being the cause of skin cancer. 


CP

3 comments:

MAS said...

Did you see this NY Times article about sunlight and vision?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/21/opinion/21wang.html?_r=2

Chuck said...

i used to get blinded by the sun. i haven't worn sunglasses at all this summer outside of going fishing. i can tolerate the brightness so much better than before. somehow i suspected that sunlight was better for my eyes than protecting them from it.

Jan said...

LOL - no need to apologize for having a life! I've been slack, too, about answering comments and emails. I better do something about that.